New Castle-Henry County has a number of strategic transportation advantages. These include proximity to two (2) instate highways, access to two (2) railroads and easy access to three (3) full service airports. Additionally, Henry County can provide businesses with the ability to create Alternative Framework Foreign Trade Zones.
- Proximity to two (2) interstate highways – I-69 and I-70
- Three exits along I-70 that have development potential
- Three exits combined along I-70 and US 40 (a parallel four-lane highway) that can provide alternative routes
- Access to two railroads –Norfolk Southern and CSX
- Access to three full service international airports –Indianapolis, Dayton and Cincinnati
The state of Indiana also has several transportation advantages including:
- The most highway convergence in the nation
- The Indianapolis Airport, which has the 2nd largest FedEx hub in the world
- No toll roads in the region
- A AAA bond rating – One of only ten states to acquire this rating
- Low highway congestion
Click here for summary information on why Indiana is a premiere location for the TDL industry.
ABF Freight Systems Inc. 317-788-1591
AAA Freight Lines Inc.765-332-2450
Liquid or Bulk
Switzer Tank Lines765-836-2914
R. Norris Company765-987-8299
Interstate Highway Access
Interstate 70 runs through southern Henry County. Henry County has three (3) exits along I-70 that are poised for development. Interstate 69 runs along the northwest corner of Henry County. Access to I-70 is available via short routes to the Anderson, IN metro area.
New Castle-Henry County is served by 3 rail providers. The Connersville New Castle Railroad can provide access to both the Norfolk Southern RR and the CSX RR.
Indiana Port Facilities
Indianapolis International Airport offers 135 daily departures to an average of 34 nonstop destinations including:
|Baltimore||Kansas City||Salt Lake City|
|Chicago Midway||Miami||Washington Dulles|
|Chicago O’Hare||Minneapolis||Washington National|
|Dallas/Fort Worth||New York La Guardia|
For a complete list of airlines and flights, please visit the ’Airlines & Flights’ page on the Indianapolis International Airport website.
Dayton International Airport provides daily, nonstop service to the following cities, allowing connections on flights to any world-wide destination.
American Eagle- Chicago O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth
AirTran- Atlanta, Baltimore/Washington, Orlando, Tampa
Continental Airlines- Cleveland, Newark
Delta- Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul
Frontier- Denver, Milwaukee
United- Chicago-O’Hare, Denver, Washington-Dulles
US Airways- Charlotte, New York- LaGuardia, Philadelphia, Washington-Reagan
For a complete list of available flights, please visit the ’Available Flights’ page on the Dayton International Airport website.
CVG offers approximately 180 daily departures to 53 non-stop cities, including non-stop service to Paris and Toronto.
Seven carriers currently serve passengers at CVG:
CVG offers more daily flights and serves more non-stop destinations than surrounding regional airports, including Dayton, Columbus, Indianapolis, Lexington and Louisville. CVG is home to DHL’s main North America air hub.
For a complete list of available flights, please visit the ’Airline & Flight Info’ page on the CVG International Airport website.
Additional links for TDL industry
- Commercial Driver’s Licenses
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development
- Indiana Department of Revenue
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- Indiana Department of Transportation
- Indiana Department of Motor Vehicles
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation – Indiana Logistics Sector
- Ports of Indiana
- U.S. Department of Transportation
University Technical Assistance Programs
- Purdue University – Global Supply Chain Management Institute
- Indiana Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Ivy Tech Community College –Transportation- Distribution-Logistics
- Vincennes University – Supply Chain Logistics Management Program
- Butler University Business Accelerator
- Indiana State University
- Indiana Motor Truck Association
- American Production and Inventory Control Society
- Central Indiana Corporate Partnership – Logistics
- Council for Supply Chain Management Professionals
- Conexus Indiana – Logistics
- Indiana Supplier INsight
Industry Reports and Studies
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation – Strategic Plan
- Indiana Rail Plan
- State Aviation Plan
- Freight Mobility Plan
- Infrastructure Improvement Plans – “Major Moves”